Thursday, April 1, 2010

More signs of spring

Walking around the South Loop this morning, I couldn't help but notice signs of spring all around me. For one, I couldn't believe I was actually looking for shady spots while walking up Michigan Ave. After months of looking for sunbeams, during what seemed like the longest winter on record, that was an odd occurence.

Getting closer!
The fountain at Trevi Square isn't working yet, but I noticed something new today. The green tarp that has been covering it all winter has been removed, revealing the fountain. Can't wait until it's bubbling forth once again. If you look closely, you'll see a garden hose off to the left. Maybe they're filling it up as I type this!

Walking to Jewel, I noticed potted plants for sale...outside! It's amazing what a difference a day makes. Beautiful, lush looking spring plants and flowers on display at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...