Saturday, June 26, 2010

Chicago or South Florida?

Pardon me, is this Chicago?
We've had some interesting weather of late. Weather that sometimes makes me think I'm living in South Florida rather than Chicago. The past few weeks (and days, recently) the clouds have grown dark, and the wind and the rain come blasting through. And then, in what seems like a matter of moments, it's over. The dark clouds roll out and the sky clears up revealing a beautiful day.

Film at 4 a.m.
Today is one of those days. Early this morning, around 4 a.m. to be exact, I was awakened by thunder and lightning. What do you do when thunder and lightning wakes you up at such an hour? You film it, of course! Once again, I was out on my balcony chronicling the event. Now, at around 9:10 a.m., it's beautiful. There are clouds in the sky, but there's plenty of blue in between. The air is relatively still, foreshadowing what will probably turn out to be a scorcher. With the Taste of Chicago and festival season in full swing, it looks like a pretty fun weekend ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...