The board of directors of the Greater South Loop Association received nominating petitions for the board of directors and held an election on Saturday, October 9, 2010 at Britten located at 1420 S. Michigan Ave.
Deb Soehlig will continue to serve her second year of her term and has served on the board for a total of 5 years to date. Priorities for this year will include our "Shop the South Loop" initiative, hosting candidate forums for the upcoming aldermanic elections and, as always, "bringing neighbors together."
- Effective October 9th, Gail Rutkowski continues as vice president, Eric Westberg, secretary, and Bob Wilson, treasurer
- Other directors on the board are Dennis Beninato, Jeanette Johnson, Jeff Key, Joe Leamanczyk, Mark Stern, and Norma Jordan.
- Bill Van Emburg is newly elected to the board and will focus on safety and community policing efforts. Bill manages the "Prairie District Neighborhood Watch" and looks to offer his leadership to other areas of the South Loop that are looking to establish similar programs.
- Special thanks to Gail Moody who has served as the Bash on Wabash Volunteer chair for the past two years. We wish her continued success in her new job at Private Bank!
- We invite all community members to attend community events, neighborhood and association meetings, and by supporting our local businesses.
For more information, please contact Jeanette Johnson at 312-296-7563 or email@example.com.