Tuesday, May 24, 2011

National Restaurant Association Show at McCormick Place

Restaurant Industry on Display
McCormick Place hosted the annual National Restaurant Association 2011 conference once again. The show ran from Saturday, May 21 through Tuesday, May 24 (today). The exhibit floor was lined with companies offering products and services related to the restaurant industry. According to the NRA, the restaurant industry is “one of the nations largest private-sector employers, with 12.7 million employees, and is expected to post sales of $580 billion this year.”

Sensory Overload
Not only a feast for the eyes, the NRA show featured food prepared on-site and available for sampling. I enjoyed a host of meat and poultry options, including prime rib, chicken wings, roast pork, and lamb, which was my favorite. The rack of lamb I sampled was prepared in a Turbo Chef oven. The Turbo Chef  ventless oven cooked the lamb remarkably fast (about 10 minutes), but it tasted as if it had been roasted in a traditional oven. 
Chandelier made of wine glasses
Samples, Samples, Samples
I also sampled an assortment of desserts and snacks: cupcakes, ice cream, and potato chips. There were plenty of beverages to sample as well; I had a hot cup of coffee to go with my red velvet cupcake.

I hadn’t planned on eating my way through the show, but I’m not complaining. Not at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...