Happy New Year! Here are the top-ten post, in descending order, from the past year.
Here are the top-ten post, in descending order, from the past year. Something you immediately notice is that most of the posts have to do with businesses opening or closing in the South Loop. However, the top post has nothing to do with business, but everything to do with fun in summer.
|Interior of Square One|
9. The Film Club made its debut at “The Venue 1550” at the Daystar Center. The first film series presented classic films all with a Chicago connection. Hitchcock’s North By Northwest was just one of the films screened. A new series focusing on film noir is planned for the spring.
8. Three Peas Art Lounge closed after a water backup damaged their space. It looked like they were going to be able to reopen, but it wasn’t meant to be.
7. A lot of new businesses opened in the South Loop, which is always a popular subject here. Take a look at some of the businesses that open in the past year.
6. The Wheeler Mansion Market was highly anticipated and the opening day was packed. But farmer’s markets are hard to run and manage and it closed earlier in the season than originally planned.
|Kushal and Bhavika “Bhavi ” Patel from Well Future|
4. Sprout Playroom, now Sod Room, a new play space for kids opening up in the old Buick showroom, second floor, at 1454 S. Michigan is highly anticipated. Originally planning to open in August 2012, the owners didn’t anticipate the problems involved with turning a landmark building into something fit for the 21rst century.
3. Costco opens and all heck breaks out! This may have been the most anticipated business opening of the year.
2. The meeting announcement for the proposed new Green Line stop at Cermak garnered a lot of interest. We wonder how many folks actually went to the meeting.
Summer Dance for 2012. Apparently we love to dance in Chicago. Who knew?
That wraps up 2012. We hope to bring you more interesting blog posts in 2013. Thank you for your readership in 2012.