How many ways are there to have more fun while eating less meat this March?
Let’s get together for more fun! Meet up with friends and neighbors at restaurants that the Alliance for a Greener South Loop is featuring for MMM!
- Monday 3: Kroll’s South Loop - 1736 S. Michigan
- Monday 10: Artist's Cafe - 1150 So. Wabash St (GSLA’s Neighbors’ Night Out)
- Monday 17: (in the works; stay tuned)
- Monday 24: Flavor 180 - 1511 S. State St.
- Monday 31: VEGGIE CHILI COOK-OFF (keep reading)
New this year...2 raffles, with prizes provided by participating restaurants.
- Share pictures (#mmmsouthloop) of your favorite meatless dish (homemade or at a restaurant) and the Alliance will enter you in a raffle.
- Register for the Veggie Chili Cook-Off (chili entry or general admission), and the Alliance will enter you in a raffle.
For MMM! 2014 the selection of restaurants is huge. Why not do a little exploring in the South Loop for a bite of MMM! ? From Reggie’s Music Joint to Cafecito, 20+ restaurants across the South Loop are offering special discounts and/or menus to MMM! diners. When you visit one, just let your server know you are there to go meatless. Plan to check the list every so often...the Alliance has more restaurants in the works.
Beer! Chili! Prizes!
Benefit for a South Loop Community Garden!
There are so many reasons to come to our first annual Veggie Chili Cook-Off
1- Show off your chili cooking chops.
2- Sample great veggie chili (and vote for your favorite)
3- Help the South Loop grow a community garden
4- Drink beer and have fun
Plus, don’t forget: everyone who registers gets entered in a raffle to win prizes donated by the Alliance’s MMM! 2014 restaurants.
Winners will be picked in two categories: Peoples Choice (voted by the people) and Best in Show (selected by judges)
Proceeds will benefit the South Loop Community Garden of our dreams. The Alliance is still dreaming, but they are ready to start scheming!
Veggie Chili Cook-Off
March 31, 6-9pm
Daystar Center, 1550 S. State St.
Event details and registration online
Note: $5 early bird discount for chili entries and general admission registrations by March 10