|Fireplace in the William Reid house|
9. Your Teddy Bear Needs a Vacation: Three New Chicago Startups—Featuring three new startups, this post reported about a new company that will take pictures of your teddy bear in front of iconic Chicago landmarks. Just what we all need, right?!
8. Attention Shoppers: Jewel-Osco victim of hack—First is was Target, then Home Depot, then Jewel! Just a reminder that our financial and personal information is pretty vulnerable.
|Overflow Coffee Bar|
6. New Shops and Restaurants Coming to Roosevelt Collection—The Roosevelt Collection is starting to look like North Avenue and we’re happy about that, right?
5. Checking in with The Burger Point—Hard to believe, but The Burger Point has been in the South Loop for three years. So how many Gobblers and Buffalo Burgers have I eaten? Don’t ask, but they were delicious!
4. New Restaurant opens south of Cermak—January 2014 brought a new restaurant to the South Loop. FleetWood opened at 2333 S. Michigan Ave.
3. Vice District Brewing Co. Opens in the South Loop—Who would have thought a craft brewery would open on Michigan Ave.? Well Vice District opened in August and has been packed practically every day they’ve been open.
2. GSLA movie in the park rescheduled for September 2, 2014—The original date in July was rained out, but the “curtain” went up on The Croods September 2.
1. South Loop Food Pantry looks for volunteers—Who says the volunteer spirit is dead? Many folks read this post and ended up volunteering at the South Loop Food Pantry at 1347 S. State St. In operation for almost 3 years, the food pantry operates every Saturday 9 - 11 a.m.