On October 29, Overflow Coffee Bar had it's first educational event at the South Loop Wine Cellar. The event was better than could have been expected! Here's the night in review:
- 30 people attended.
- There were lots of cupcakes, cookies, fruit, and chocolate covered . One of the students there said the cupcakes were the best he's ever had.
- Coffee Ambassadors brought some great coffee from Guatemala and Honduras. A woman said this was the best coffee she's ever had.
- Tim Taylor spoke about direct trade coffee. He shared that direct trade is about relationship, excellence and transparency.
- Amanda Neely, Executive Director, spoke about Coffee Bar's mission and vision for the South Loop: uniting all South Loopers - residents, students and workers - to change the world.
- There was a great Q & A time and people had some wonderful questions about direct trade coffee and Overflow.